Conveniently located to serve Los Angeles, Van Nuys, Burbank, Huntington Park, San Fernando and Northridge
Considering Laser Hair Removal?
As leading physicians and surgeon in greater los angeles area with over 20 years of experience in Laser Hair Removal?. We want to help you make your dream a reality .
Laser hair removal techniques have advanced immensely in recent years and HerMedSpa remains on the cutting edge. Our clients can expect a process that quickly and effectively removes unwanted hair with little or no discomfort. Our system is gentle, safe, fast and effective for any skin type or color.
There is no reason to put up with unwanted hair any longer. Our process can take it away using a laser that destroys hair follicles while minimizing any risk of burns, scarring, irritation and hyperpigmentation. When our services are relied upon, patients can say goodbye to razors, waxing and messy creams.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal uses light energy to destroy the root of a hair. The beam of light is absorbed by the melanin, the colored pigment in the hair. The energy from the light travels down the hair under the skin to its root. Because the energy is high, the root is destroyed and the hair cannot grow back.
Why choose HER Med Spa?
Laser hair removal techniques have advanced immensely in recent years and HER Med Spa remains on the cutting edge. Our clients can expect a process that quickly and effectively removes unwanted hair with little to no discomfort. Our system is gentle, safe, fast and effective for any skin type or hair color.
What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
There is no reason to put up with unwanted hair any longer. Our process can take it away using a laser that destroys hair follicles while minimizing any risk of burns, scarring, irritation and hyperpigmentation.
Hair Grows in Cycles.
When the hair is attached to its root, it is in the “anagen” phase. At any given time, about 20-25% of hairs are in this phase. As the hair grows, it detaches from its root, which is called the “catagen” phase. When the hair is ready to be shed, it is in the “telogen” phase. Then the cycle starts again. Each hair cycle takes 2 – 5 months to complete.
Lasers can only remove hair while it is attached to the root, in the “anagen” phase. Therefore, with one treatment, you will lose 20-25% of the hair in that area. Treatments are usually done every 4-8 weeks, depending on the hair growth pattern in that body area. At each visit, another 20% will be removed. Most areas require 4 – 6 treatments in order to attain optimal results. Treatments last a few minutes for small areas like the upper lip and chin, 5 – 7 minutes for areas like the full bikini, and 20 -25 minutes for large areas like the legs, back and chest.
Does it hurt?
Laser treatment is gentle and nearly pain-free. The laser beam feels like a pinch on the skin. In areas where the hair is dark, coarse, or thick, more sensation may be felt. The pinch lasts just for a second and may almost feel like a rubber band being snapped on the skin. In some areas, there is no pinching feeling at all. After treatment, the area may be sensitive or itchy.
An anesthetic cream is available for use if you are nervous about the discomfort. Most people don’t require it, but if you are sensitive, please ask about this option. The cream will be applied twenty minutes prior to the procedure.
What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
- Precise. You won’t miss patches of hair like you might with shaving and waxing
- Permanent. Up to 95% of targeted hair will be totally gone within 6 months
- It saves money. No more money spent on Waxing treatment or shaving supplies.
- Comprehensive in its ability to target large areas of hair
- It’s Easy and Fast. Each laser pulse lasting a fraction of a second. Treatments average just under 30 minutes
- Toning and conditioning, leaving you with Softer, Smoother Skin
- No more bumps, stubble, or irritation
How to prepare for an appointment:
- Do Not pluck, wax, or tweeze hair for at least 3 weeks prior to treatment. When the hair is removed in these ways, it is detached from the root and the laser will not be effective.
- Avoid the sun for 3 – 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Shave the hair close to the skin on the day before or day of the appointment.
Post treatment instructions:
- Mild redness and swelling is common during the first 2 to 24 hours.
- Aloe vera or cooling packs can be used.
- Until the redness resolves, you should avoid hot tubs, strenuous exercise, and cosmetics.
- You should avoid the sun for 1 to 2 weeks or use sunscreen with SPF 45 or greater.
- You can shower and/or bath as usual.
- The treated hair will fall out in 1 to 2 weeks. You can use a wash cloth or loofa to help the process.
- You may shave between treatments but you should avoid waxing, tweezing or plucking.
How many Laser Hair Removal Treatments will I need?
The average person who wishes to do laser hair removal is recommended a base of 6 sessions in the same treatment area. With each treatment, a small percentage of hair will reduce, or become finer in texture.
Generally after 6 sessions the treated area should see about 50% reduction in hair. Remember, laser treatments targets current, active hairs. While your body is responsible for repairing all damaged cells in your body, including hair cells, your body may repair damaged hair follicles post laser hair removal treatments, thus requiring more treatments.
Who can be treated with Laser Hair Removal?
Male or female, body or face, tanned or not, and those of any skin color can receive successful, safe and effective treatments with our laser and superior l laser protocols. Since our lasers are known for bypassing pigment on the skin, those with dark pigment in their skin can receive laser treatment when they previously could not. We have delivered great results to clients of all skin tones, including Middle Eastern, African, Indian skin tone as well as those with fair skin.
FAQs / Questions
Any area of the body, from the face, to genitals can be treated safely and effectively.
Not with our lasers or procedure! You can return to work, travel or a workout post treatment.
Treatments are comfortable, while highly effective because of our time-tested treatment settings and protocols and superior lasers. An anesthetic cream is available for use if you are nervous about the discomfort.
You should receive your treatments every 4 to 6 weeks. When your hair starts becoming thinner, you may wait 8 to 12 weeks between treatments. Treatments sooner than 4 weeks do NOT provide faster or better results.
- If you have an active sunburn or recent sun exposure (within the last 2 weeks)
- If there is a tattoo in the treatment area
- If you are a current or recent user of Accutane
- If you are a current user of blood thinners or immunosuppressive medication
- If you are pregnant
- If you have open lesions or sores on the skin
- If you have grey or white hair
- If the treatment area is within the bony orbit of the eye (no eyebrows)
A good word means a lot
It’s always the word of mouth that’s the best advice. Here are some of ours client testimonials.
I really love this place. Dr. Kothandaraman is so personable. His staff is friendly and knowledgeable and I feel so comfortable coming here! Thank you!
Best experience ever and I have had surgeries with several other surgeons prior to Dr. Kothandaraman. He exceeded all my expectations. Thanks!
Dr. Kothandaraman is an amazing man and doctor. He has been my doctor for over 25 years. He cares about his patients and ensures excellence.
Professionalism. Excellence. Experience.
We ensure individualized and personal care that puts your needs and expectations first, and that starts with a one-on-one consultation in our office.
Trust the Her Med Spa Professionals
Results now & forever
Today, we’re able to say with pride that we have some of the most qualified professionals ready to exceed your expectations and provide treatment.
Years of service
View our timetable
When it comes to choosing your cosmetic spa, don’t trust your body to just anyone. Choose any of our services from cosmetic and reconstructive procedures.