Conveniently located to serve Los Angeles, Van Nuys, Burbank, Huntington Park, San Fernando and Northridge
Menorrhagia is the medical term for menstrual periods in which bleeding is abnormally heavy or prolonged. Although heavy menstrual bleeding is a common concern among premenopausal women, most women don’t experience blood loss severe enough to be defined as menorrhagia. With menorrhagia, every period you have causes enough blood loss and cramping that you can’t maintain your usual activities. If you have menstrual bleeding so heavy that you dread your period, talk with our doctors in LA Medical Care. There are many effective treatments for menorrhagia.
The signs and symptoms of menorrhagia may include:
- Soaking through one or more sanitary pads or tampons every hour for several consecutive hours
- Needing to use double sanitary protection to control your menstrual flow
- Needing to wake up to change sanitary protection during the night
- Bleeding for a week or longer
- Passing large blood clots with menstrual flow
- Restricting daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of anemia, such as tiredness, fatigue or shortness of breath
Call our Doctor for help before your next scheduled exam if you experience:
- Vaginal bleeding so heavy it soaks at least one pad or tampon an hour for more than a few hours
- Irregular vaginal bleeding
- Any vaginal bleeding after menopause
Your Menorrhagia treatment will be performed in one of HER Smart Choice’s three locations: Los Angeles, Van Nuys, and Huntington Park.